Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hughes Net Review

2 posters

Go down

Hughes Net Review Empty Hughes Net Review

Post by Sick 7/14/2009, 11:10 pm

Well since i have recently tried Hughes Net i thought i would give a review of their terrible service.

A few months back i lost my internet because of issues for paying for it since i never used the land line phone. I was looking around for internet companies that don't require you to have a land line phone. I would of just got Comcast or some local cable internet but Neither Comcast nor all the local cable companies could install it at my current residence. So after seeing a million HughesNet commercials on TV i decided that would be the best way to go....

I was wrong, dead wrong.

After i ordered a basic plan for the Satellite Internet service inwhich was $65 a month, it did not take them to long to come and install it (2-3) days. It only took about 2 hours to get up and running and for them to put a tacky ass looking Satellite dish in my backyard.

So here i am all happy that i get this non-landline phone fast internet...So here i go to download a torrent which is usally 800mb and they only give you 500mb with the basic plan that i chose. After you download the limit or after you have exceeded it, the net will continuously crash or lagg. Why would an internet company give you a set limit of mb to DL?? It makes no since... but anyways that is not even the tip of the HN garbage pile.

Hughes Net is really laggy to begin with anyways, so without thinking i plugged my Xbox 360 into it to see if i could play games on it. It was a total lag fest. If you are looking for a different internet company for anytype of gaming AVOID this service at all costs.

So after a week of this terrible net in my house, i decided i would just go back to my old ISP.. Thus beginning the quest of hidden charges....

I call their Techline and they were pretty fast to get my call transferred to where it needed to go. Once i got to the right place i talked to them about cancelling this overcharged terrible service and they said to me in a threatening tone "You will not be refunded anything" so i said ok what ever just cancel it. They then ran me threw a gauntlet of questions before they canceled it. When they did they said they was going to be a fee of $50 just to cancel. So i said what ever just cancel your terrible service.

So after it getting canceled, they then ask me if i wanted a technician to come and remove the Satellite. I said sure, then they tell me i will be charged another $100 just for them to come and pick up their stuff from my backyard. I was like Wow.... I refused to pay that and they said i would have to send it back withing 45 days or my service would still be continued.

This left me puzzled since there isn't a box that big to send it back, so it's almost as if they are trying to force you into paying the bogus fee. So a few weeks later i forgot all about it and just decided they would just take the first bill out of my account and they would not charge me anymore since i am not paying on it.

Today they yank exactly $315 out of my account for absolutely nothing!
I call them up and they tell me that there was a charge for not returning the equipment and they had just fully canceled my HN subscription.

Just to sum it up, i would never recommend this service to ANYONE. Get dial-up before this or one of those 3G internet cards before you look into this terrible service, yes i know dial-up is slow but it will save you the hassles of this overpriced all around terrible service.

I will continue to use WindStream until i move then i will be getting Comcast or another Cable ISP.

GAMERS LOOK ELSEWHERE

Hughes Net Service ratings

Service: 0/10
PhoneService: 3/10
Sick
Sick
TGS Manager

https://thegamersquare.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Hughes Net Review Empty Re: Hughes Net Review

Post by IGothic AngelI 7/16/2009, 1:03 pm

totally shockin babes