Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The story of Sick getting his Xbox 360 Elite being kept by Xbox Support

+2
IGothic AngelI
Sick
6 posters

:: Gaming :: Xbox 360

Go down

The story of Sick getting his Xbox 360 Elite being kept by Xbox Support Empty The story of Sick getting his Xbox 360 Elite being kept by Xbox Support

Post by Sick 6/13/2009, 2:49 am

Call this a rant or whatever you want, but i think this true story just shows how messed up Support companies can be.

Well to begin with, I had only had my Xbox 360 Elite for about 4-5 months and it was bought brand new. After the 5th month of having it, it broke due to the E74 error... I had only played it on average 1-3 hours every other day before i got the error. Just to add, before all this had happened, my Xbox 360 Pro had got the same thing (E74). I really have no idea what is up with these consoles getting this but yea. Well anyways, i had called the 1800-4-myxbox support number to make a repair order for both of my dead consoles. While talking to the person from the Middle East they misunderstood me at some point, i'm guessing since they ended up putting both of my consoles as Xbox 360 Pro's... After me having no knowledge of this what so ever, i printed both the labels and dropped them off at a USPS Post Office. So after waiting 3 weeks Xbox.com/support finally updated with them receiving and fixing just one of my consoles. After they had fixed that console, it was then shipped to my family members address since i cannot receive UPS packages here on the case of UPS not ever being able to find my house. Well once the package got the place where it was supposed to go the UPS guy gave it to my Uncle when it was supposed to go to my great grandmother. So when my Uncle opened his door to the UPS man, he simply looked at the package and REJECTED it. I have really stupid family members i guess, Well after that it got sent back to the repair center and after me calling them about 20 times it finally got sent to my job. Whew...that only took two months ay?

But wait... somthing is missing... Yep... The Elite. While getting the run around by Xbox Support, i never received any word on my Elite at all. So i call them up and ask them, "where is it?". They quack about them saying it never got their and they then tell me that it was under the wrong label and then they pretty much made a new order and said that they would find it and to call back in 3 weeks. Well after 3 weeks of waiting, i called them up and ask them the same thing from before. They tell me it still never got their. I think to my self, This is impossible since one of my consoles had already got to them before.

After all of that, the tell me there is nothing they can do on their part even though it is obvious that i gave them two different serial numbers and there has been more than a few supervisors working on the issue. So there it all is, goodbye broken elite.

To clarify some things i got hired at the place i could actually get packages at, after i created both the orders. I'm not complaining i just wish they would of sent me a refurbished one or atleast gave me a 3month.

A word of advice, be as detailed as possible when getting your repairs done.

Last edited by Sick on 6/24/2009, 9:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sick
Sick
TGS Manager

https://thegamersquare.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The story of Sick getting his Xbox 360 Elite being kept by Xbox Support Empty Re: The story of Sick getting his Xbox 360 Elite being kept by Xbox Support

Post by IGothic AngelI 6/13/2009, 5:31 am

they totally f**ked u over babe
IGothic AngelI
IGothic AngelI
News&Content PR

Back to top Go down

The story of Sick getting his Xbox 360 Elite being kept by Xbox Support Empty Re: The story of Sick getting his Xbox 360 Elite being kept by Xbox Support

Post by Sick 6/13/2009, 2:07 pm

Yep they really did.
Sick
Sick
TGS Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by xxJoeCappaxx 6/16/2009, 9:11 pm

wow... thats crappy man... What is E74 mean though?
xxJoeCappaxx
xxJoeCappaxx
TGS Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick 6/16/2009, 9:19 pm

It's some faulty soldering problem. It causes your hard drive to fail. I'm not entirely to sure on what it means though.
Sick
Sick
TGS Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by manofarms89 6/18/2009, 4:05 am

thats why i get the warranty at best buy rather than send it to support... still sucks though
manofarms89
manofarms89
Squared

http://www.myspace.com/manofarms89

Back to top Go down

Post by CyniZe 7/8/2009, 2:59 pm

totally ripped you off brahh

CyniZe
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdragonlordx 7/16/2009, 3:28 am

they fucked up and you should deffinately keep bugging them about it. Also the E74 is not just a soldering problem it means that there is an internal problem whether its a soldering or loose connection that is what it is. Most of the time its the heat sink over heats and melts the solder on the graphics card under it acting as an oven for your graphics card it bakes it then gives you the error so you get to give microsoft more money or use up your warrenty.

kingdragonlordx
Has Skillz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick 7/16/2009, 1:53 pm

I would keep on them, but after five months of talking and explaing stuff to those people i just got really tired of it and gave up. Hmm...so that's what E74 is, wow sounds like something just to rip you off. Why are companies constantly trying to screw over their customers these days?
Sick
Sick
TGS Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdragonlordx 7/16/2009, 4:21 pm

i dont know why they want to screw us over other than to keep getting our money in an inhonest way! otherwise they would make more products that we would buy then making things that can break. lol.

kingdragonlordx
Has Skillz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sick 7/16/2009, 8:00 pm

I know right, it's sort of the same thing with the Wireless Bluetooth Halo 3 headset i bought. It broke i less than 1 month of me having it. The same happened with a friend of mine> It seems like Microsoft is either rushing products out there or just not caring on the quality of their merchandise.
Sick
Sick
TGS Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by kingdragonlordx 7/16/2009, 9:30 pm

or both, i bought a used halo 3 wireless headset and it hasnt had any problems you might want to try that. Also they cut corners at microsoft they cut the heat sink down in size to fit the dvd drive therefore making it instead of a heat sink into an oven.

kingdragonlordx
Has Skillz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down